Just When I Thought The Vicar Was Nuts, I Learnt Something New...

It was nice to get to Church this morning. I learnt something new today. Actually, initially I didn't think I was going to learn anything new, because the vicar taking our service, did this kind of solo pantomime whereby he packed a suitcase with gifts and popped a turkey hat on his head and said "How would you feel if you had to emigrate the day after Xmas?"

Then we did some worship... I thought he had lost it... completely... and then he opened up a part of Jesus' life to me that I hadn't thought about..

I had only ever really got my head around the crucifixion, and what he suffered for us there,  I had never really thought about what He went through beforehand, yet here he was, a newborn in Matthew 1:13, with Joseph being asked to emigrate to Egypt with his new family out of harm's way. Jesus, unlike us walked by faith throughout His life, not having any home as a permanent abode which He did throughout His life. And so, He did by us, even as an infant, so that we would never have to...

Thankyou God for sending us Jesus to save out butts...

Love Louise x

Comments

Popular Posts