"Let your light so shine before men..."

Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven Mathew 5:16

We honour God by our actions and putting others before ourselves. Never expect anything in return  - just help. I don't do this enough or well enough, and I know this at the time I am helping because I talk to God about it!

Today I helped a foreign lady who was struggling in the snow with suitcases and a couple of bags. She had just got off a train in Oxford having come from New Zealand and had to find a bus stop. So I helped her with one of her suitcases until I found her bus stop, chatted to her and made sure she had a taxi phone number just in case her bus didn't turn up ( it is very snowy right now).

And so I say this "Father, please help me to be a good samaritan more often and to think of others when they need help. I do not honour you as much as I should by my actions towards others. Please help me to honour you by being a better daughter to you. All my love, Louise xx"

Comments

Popular Posts