Enjoy the Journey

Today I felt this urging to walk in the lovely (small) woods behind the house. There was a little anxiety in my part.

It was a beautiful sunny day.  I felt I wanted to have this about me and enjoy the sun, but I had a little anxiety about wandering around woods alone ( ie.without another physical person ) that hindered my appreciation of how beautiful things were around me. There was no one around except me, birds circled overhead and called out, the air was fresh and clean, and the pathways carpeted in golden leaves.

I liked it ( mainly because it is around nature that I feel closer to God) and at the same time, I was thinking that that little bit of anxiety would stop once I had got home and finished my little walk.

God then spoke to me and told me that I needed to stop worrying and enjoy the journey.

It was only a little walk. But it is so true, I am often so keen to get to the end, and being halfway through things has the tendency tomake me feel unsettled. There are beautiful things around us everywhere,things that show God's beautiful creation and his tender care of us, that we cannot see them for what they truly are because we are worrying about reaching another point in the future.

Thankyou for my little lesson Father.
x

Comments

Popular Posts