Happy In Faith, Sad in Personal Loss

I had dinner with a friend last night.A mutual friend of my friend who had passed away.

We had just been to where she had died and where beautiful tributes had been laid. She wanted to know how you handle things like this, as a Christian.

I am clearly not qualified to speak of how other people handle it but for me handling sadness and loss has become like this: You can keep your love with Father, and understand and accept the situation, and be comforted that there is a bigger picture which has God's hand on it. And, therein lies your comfort, taking refuge in God' shelter... as a Christian.

However that doesn't take away great feelings of personal sadness and loss, both of which still overwhelm me at times. These start to lessen, and with God's grace He will be my helping hand with the latter. One is easier because of faith in God, and one is more difficult and needs His assistance. The latter also helps the former.

My friend, the one who is no longer with us, went to my repentence and told me that God had wanted to take me on a journey and open up the meaning of the bible to me. This was about maybe just over a year a go. I couldn't have known that that journey could include losing her, but I am blessed to have spent a short amount of time with a little angel.

Dear Father, look after my friend and my doll, until I see her in Heaven too.

I love you,

Your daughter Louise xx

.

Comments

Popular Posts