"I have told her"

There's a really great Christian bookshop where I live. I popped in forthe first time yesterday and bought two books, the first was called Heaven Is For Real, a story about an amazing little boy who goes to Heaven and comes back again and the second was called "The Power of Simple Prayer" by Joyce Meyer.

Both are great books, I read the first in hours, and felt more reassured about the realities of Heaven. The little boy testifies to the strength of God's love and, it is true, the strength of His love is beyond our understanding. His descriptions of Heaven also are beautiful and well, suffice to say I would recommend to anyone who has doubt in their mind about the special place for those who believe.

The second, I am just getting through right now, and it talks about how you can pray simply, without specific form or ritual, that you can talk to God all day, and that it doesn't need to be bound by rules or constructs, that we are all individuals and that we should pray in a way that makes us comfortable. I was relieved about this because I talk to God a lot, most often telling him how thankful I am for my beautiful house,and the woods behind me,and the smells and sounds of wildlife, the wonderful owl that sometimes frequents, the smell of the pine, the freshness of the air... However because I have a short attention span I am not so good about praying in a formal way for a long period of time, and I was wondering if this had made me not as good as other people about praying. In other words,the time I spent talking to God during the day, didn;t count somehow and only the time speaking in a formal way to Him.

I learnt that this didn't matter, that as Joyce says we need to ask God to teach "us" as an individual to pray.

It was a quiet evening when I closed the unfinished book and said a simple prayer made of simple words without even having to think about them.

"Father, help me to become closer in relationship to you and learn your ways"...

And then later, I asked Him to tell my friend something along the lines of this "Father tell my friend that I loved her very much, and I would have done anything for her, whatever she needed I would have found a way to help her..."

An answer came back very quickly to my heart "I have told her..."

How do I know it came from God? I knew because the response came to my heart, as opposd to my head or emotion. It was to the point, not verbose and certain and sure.When God talks to me,it is likehe downloads small amounts of software that permeate through my being like a certainty anda knowledge.

"I have told her..."

Darling friend, I read about Heaven,and I read a little about prayer, and now I know all is good I am happy. I'll miss your little self though.

Love me x

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts