Personal Testimonies at Baptism

My baptism is soon. It has happened quite fast after Alpha but I don't wish to postpone it....

It is quite a thing to write it and realise just how far you have come from where you were before. I have lived through years of feelings of being desperate, low self esteem, on occasion depressed, an outsider, anxious and jailed by obsessive compulsive behaviours.... Some of these anxiety led behavious began in early childhood, so, as you can imagine it has pretty much been like a jail sentence!!!

I am now, thanks to God, fortified and loved. Barely recogniseable from the individual I have described. I am happy, I am ok with myself, I am losing my crippling anxieties, I am free of a damaging addictive pattern that spiralled out of control....

I am becoming who God made me to be all along...

How to turn that into 100-200 words...

"Dear Father, help me to find the right words that honour You and all that You have done for me... Lots Of Love, Louise xx"

Comments

  1. Hi there,
    So excited for you, and SO glad you are going to the follow up Alpha course. God willing, you will find a great home group too,
    Love, and God bless,
    Anita
    P.S. Your testimony will be fascinating. Don't worry about 200 words. No one is in a rush on Sunday evening.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts