Turning Worry To Prayer

I happened to arrange to meet up with a friend in London today, and I decided to go to Hillsong to worship God behorehand.

Hillsong, contemporary worship, a bit like going to a rock concert dedicated to God. The ushers are friendly and helpful, the worship band  full of energy, the seats full, the music's cool, the prayer evokes feeling, the hearts of all touched.

I like paying Hillsong a visit....

Today was about not worrying about anything but asking God for what you need, and with thanks. Phillipians 4:6.

As I walked in we filled in prayer cards of what we wanted to ask God, whether they be for us, our friends, people we cared about... And, the speaker asked us to start with thanking God first for everything He had done in our lives... you see it's easy to ask for the next thing you need in your hunger to continue to become more whole, to be closer to Him, to move forward onto the future He has shaped for you... and so easy for memories of past wonders and miracles to dim against the sounds of current worries and hopes for the future...

"Thankyou for curing me of my harmful addictive behaviour, and... Thankyou for dying on the Cross Lord, it is more than I could have ever hoped for..." Tears streamed down my cheeks... and I realised with shame that I had let past miracles dim a little in mind... Just a little...

More worship music and then the bit before prayer... the bit where the names of people who had filled in a card of prayer flashed up on a screen before us... I asked for these:


1) I pray that God reveals a new and exciting way for me to serve Him in 2011
2) I pray that God brings a Christian man who loves God just as much as I do in 2011 into my life
3) I pray that God will come into the lives of my father who is atheist and my closest friend Simon because I want them to go to Heaven

And then the speaker led the prayer, prayer for all of us as a group, as a Church.. We prayed for each other, for each others health, relationships, working life, just about everything... tears were shed, hands were raised. I apologised for moments of negativity whilst there, to humble myself and trust in Him to whom I owe everything... Everything... and Who alone can handle everything on my behalf...

And a warrior like determination to push through, all the time, nothing will stop me, I want to sit at His feet, I want to know Him more and more, whatever I do I will let nothing deter me from getting closer and closer... however unworthy I may be in my actions... 

At home I dedicated my worries to God, explained that I need Him to help me handle them because I cannot do that alone.

"Louise, I know" He said to the core of my being.

... Daddy, daddy, daddy, never never leave me I love you!

Comments

Popular Posts