Show me what you mean... I don't understand...

Towards the end of last year, I cut up my last ever personal credit card... it was a liberating feelng, one can feel so bowed down under debt... and so, when I could, apart from buying treates for me, I was able to sponsor and give more money for charity... this meant a lot to me and I remember being all happy, driving to work, and then I heard a voice tell "You will need that money for yourself"...

At the time I found that a strange thing... I couldn't understand why God, would want me to squirrel away money that I wanted to give for others... and so I struggled with it for some days...

One Sunday, on my way to Church I called out to God - "Show me what you mean God when you said this, it doesn't seem in keeping with what I feel I ought to do with my money..."

I walked into Church and their was in their pamphlet an advert for a trip to South Africa, to do outreach work with kids with HIV and AIDS as well as an opportunity to see the animals on safari. It costed £1,700 a lot of money... I am now signed up... I will just about have enough money at a real pinch, it will use up any newfound savings I have..

For a long long time it has been a dream, never quite realised to go to South Africa, my uncle lived there for many years, I have for a long time wanted to be on safari and more importantly when I was volunteering in North Africa it was the kids with HIV and AIDs that broke my heart the most...

It was the perfect parcel of all my big dreams... Dear Father, you keep on delivering me beautiful presents with the most impeccable timing...

Comments

Popular Posts