God's Response When Following His Plans Gets Hard..

It seems that if you overcome any personal difficulties in following the duties that God expects you to fulfil, He meets you there and responds by easing the way...

I think this is only a small example really, as I am really very lucky, I have a blessed and good life, I don't suffer, I am not hungry, I have a nice home and people who love me in my life. I also have a responsible job...

...Actually it's the sort of job that involves supporting a lot of people. Sometimes it can be a lot of hours because it is operational in nature and you are supporting lots of people, people who need this and need that... Sometimes, it can get too much, and even when I am grateful for how lucky I am, I can start to feel stress and tiredness and the desire to be away from people needing things well up in me...

... This happened yesterday when I had really felt like I was exhausted with it all, and to make matters worse I received an email from one of the people I am working on the Church website on to say that we were meeting today ( Saturday) in the morning to go over their website - not just meet but actually start to work through it... I could feel my stress levels rising...

... I can honestly say, when you tired, stressed and you just want to get away from websites and people needing you for stuff, spending even just two hours working through website content in your precious weekend is the last thing on earth you feel you want to do. My inclination was to back out, but then I felt I shouldn't back out, I discussed with friends, I went to bed unable to sleep well, due to my stress levels, I woke up feeling feeling shattered and kind of tearful. I swore. I'm afraid to say I started resenting things and thinking that I hated Church and I hated God, not because I actually hated either my God or Church but because I was so tired I couldn't think straight.

However inspite of my random thoughts I had insistence, from God that "It will be easier tomorrow"

... The desire to stick with the plan and help out won in the end, and I went.... and when I got there it became easier. I discovered that all three of us were not overjoyed to be there and one of them actually said to me basically althought he liked us he didn't really want to be there...

... How much easier it is when people tell you they feel the same, and so, hacing realised that we were all in the same boat, we worked on the site. And, we got a lot done, progress had already been made on planning and I realised that I wasn't carrying this on my own that the other two had also done a lot too, and so after two hours we came out with a lot of changes that had been made there and then and I left with a sense of satisfaction that we were starting to make things happen...

"It will be easier tomorrow..."

The atmosphere was light, in a sense of shared responsibility, we had a lot of laughs, ideas and changes that came through quickly this morning, the group bonding closer...

"It will be easier tomorrow..."...  And it was....

... In January next year we will release a refreshed website that Father wants us to deliver for one of His Churches.. We want the work to be blessed by Him so we bring credit and honour to Him...

Father, thankyou that such good progress was made to Your website. Thankyou for the sense of shared ownership that You brought to my attention. Thankyou for the feeling that the others understood how I felt because that made the time pass so much easier. Thankyou for the laughs and fun we had. Thankyou for Your Grace when I was feeling resentful and wanting to go the opposite way to what was needed. I love You.


Comments

Popular Posts