"You're the daughter of a King"

I have part successfully, part unsuccessfully spent today in prayer, reading Christian literature and the Bible. I have also done some gardening. It would possibly be considered slack compared to what other people do for God - I didn't fast, I didn;t sit in one room in silent prayer. I did what I what I could and tried not to be too austere about the whole thing, because then I would have been miserable and not enjoyed it and I wanted to enjoy and not spend the whole time wishing for worldy things...

One of the things I prayed about was my own sense of vulnerability, how small I am in stature, how my eyesight is not as good as I would like it to be. I remember when wandering in one of the neighbourhoods of Togo doing some charity work, how small and vulnerable I felt and that if I wanted to do something similar to this again that having perfect vision might compensate for my smallness. A silly thing and thought really, and a conversation I had had the previous day with a friend made me think back to the whole vulnerability thing again... I wondered if I went out to Africa again whether I would be able to do it because I would feel so vulnerable... but of course we needn't worry about silly physical things because it is God who protects His own. God told me today:

... "You're the daughter of a King"

When we come under the protection of the King of Kings then you need fear nothing...






Comments

Popular Posts