Lean on God When You Have a Wobble

I have wobbles - actually they are the sort of wobbles that would cause me to go back into my shell, and just want to lock the world away so it couldn't hurt me.  That was before I made a commitment to God.

Making a commitment to God does not mean that commitment or old patterns of behaviour are not tested. But you make a commitment and you keep it, so you can break through that wobble, and you come out of it a lot better, you don't feel like a victim, you don't feel a like a loser, because God turns that commitment back to you and keeps you strong.

My wobbles are when I feel disappointed or let down by a situation, life isn't perfect, but even if it means hanging in there, saying a few words, if all you can do is listen to worship music because you don't feel like praying other than just a few words it is worth pressing through that wobble, that pain because what you get on the other side of pressing through is increasing strength of character.

Thank God for the little things, even if other things are testing you.

Comments

Popular Posts